Today was the final day of this year's pastors conference, it was a huge blessing. It was much needed, more than I really knew. God ministered to me and I needed it. The teachings were powerful and Spirit led. The fellowship was sweet and meaningful. The times of worship were amazing. The sleep was lacking, but I was refreshed anyway.
Below are some highlights from the sessions, or you can check out my full notes here... http://www.evernote.com/pub/pastorjerrys/takingnotes
Damian Kyle Highlights
• The past unity of CC depended heavily on one man's devotional life, the future unity of CC will depend on all our pastors devotional lives.
• We have to make sure that our definitions of success are Biblical, and not borrowed from the world
• Definition of success: Well done good and faithful servant
Levi Lusko Highlights
• The Father sends out His Spirit like a dove, hoping it will not return, but find a place to land in your life, in your marriage, in your church. Not just bring back a little branch
• Best part: when the dove landed, they got to get off the boat and see the rainbow. Storms are hard, but they give us opportunity to see the rainbow
Sandy Adams Highlights
• Pastors plant and pastor their church expecting, but those expectations may not reflect how God shapes our ministry
• Rejoice where God has you, even in the days of the small things. Zechariah 4:10
• How can you belittle the work that God is doing when Jesus continues to show up?
• Zechariah 4:6 - This verse was for a pastor in the day of small things fighting with wrong expectations
Skip Heitzig Highlights
• Let's focus on being men in whom God can move
• A great leader will not abandon the past, but will learn from it and build on it
• Make what is important to God important to you
Alistair Begg Highlights
• The task of pastoral ministry is to say the same things again and again and again
• The ultimate issue with sin is what it does with our relationship with God
• Every sin is an inside job. The devil didn't make you do it. People do what they want.